Popular Sentence Structure in English (Part 1)
- S + V+ too + adj/adv + (for someone) + to do something
(quá…. (khiến cho ai) không thể làm gì…).
e.g.1 This structure is too difficult for me to remember.
e.g.2: He ran too fast for me to follow.
- S + V + so + adj/ adv + that +S + V (quá… đến nỗi mà…).
e.g.1: This box is so heavy that I cannot take it.
e.g2: He speaks so soft that we can’t hear anything.
- It + V + such + (a/an) + N(s) + that + S +V (quá… đến nỗi mà…).
e.g.1: It is such a heavy box that I cannot take it.
e.g.2: It is such interesting books that I cannot ignore them at all.
- S + V + adj/ adv + enough + (for someone) + to do something.
(Đủ… cho ai đó làm gì…).
e.g.1: She is old enough to get married.
e.g.2: They are intelligent enough for me to teach them English.
- Have/ get + something + done (VpII) (nhờ ai hoặc thuê ai làm gì…).
e.g.1: I had my hair cut yesterday.
e.g.2: I’d like to have my shoes repaired.
- It + be + time + S + V (-ed, cột 2) / It’s +time +for someone +to do something
(đã đến lúc ai đó phải làm gì…).
e.g.1: It is time you had a shower.
e.g.2: It’s time for me to ask all of you for this question.
- It + takes/took+ someone + amount of time + to do something
(làm gì… mất bao nhiêu thời gian…).
e.g.1: It takes me 5 minutes to get to school.
e.g.2: It took him 10 minutes to do this exercise yesterday.
- To prevent/stop + someone/something + From + V-ing
(ngăn cản ai/cái gì… không làm gì..).
- S + find+ it+ adj to do something
(thấy … để làm gì…),
e.g.1: I find it very difficult to learn about English.
e.g.2: They found it easy to overcome that problem.
- To prefer + Noun/ V-ing + to + N/ V-ing.
(Thích cái gì/làm gì hơn cái gì/ làm gì).
e.g.1: I prefer dog to cat.
e.g.2: I prefer reading books to watching TV.
- Would rather + V (infinitive) + than + V (infinitive)
(thích làm gì hơn làm gì).
e.g.1: She would play games than read books.
e.g.2: I’d rather learn English than learn Biology.
- To be/get Used to + V-ing (quen làm gì),
e.g.1: I am used to eating with chopsticks.
- Used to + V (infinitive)
(Thường làm gì trong qk và bây giờ không làm nữa),
e.g.1: I used to go fishing with my friend when I was young.
e.g.2: She used to smoke 10 cigarettes a day.
- to be amazed at = to be surprised at + N/V-ing: ngạc nhiên về…
- to be angry at + N/V-ing: tức giận về
- to be good at/ bad at + N/ V-ing: giỏi về…/ kém về…
- by chance = by accident (adv): tình cờ
- to be/get tired of + N/V-ing: mệt mỏi về…
- can’t stand/ help/ bear/ resist + V-ing: không nhịn được làm gì…
- to be keen on/ to be fond of + N/V-ing : thích làm gì đó…
Nguồn: sưu tầm